Baby Bio Orchid Food Drip Feeder is a ready to use liquid plant feeder for orchids. Specially formulated for brighter blooms and healthy leaves
• Convenient ready to use orchid food feeders
• Each feeders lasts for 1 month
• Use during the growing season for health and vibrancy
1 feeder x 40ml
• Push feeder into pot
• Advice on application
• Shake well before use, cut tip off drip feeder using scissors. Push feeder into the orchid pot with cut tip in the soil. Water plant as usual, leave in place for 3-4 weeks until the feeder is empty. Use one drip feeder in pots up to 15-20cm, more than one feeder can be placed in larger pots.
Instructions for use:
Shake well before use. Cut tip off drip feeder using scissors. Push feeder into the pot, with cut tip in the soil. Water plant as usual. Leave in place for 3-4 weeks until the feeder is empty. Use one drip feeder in pots up to 15-20cm. More than one feeder can be placed in larger pots.
Tips for best results:
Please be aware that orchids are a huge and very diverse family of plants and individual plant labels will specify your plants special requirements. The following is general guidance only.
• Most orchids prefer a bright position, away from direct sunshine and droughts. Check your plant label for any specific light requirements.
• Water when the growing media is completely dry, then water generously; many orchids are killed by over-watering so check that the compost has almost dried out between waterings. The length of time between watering will vary depending on things like temperature, time of year, humidity, availability of light and state of growth.
• Water either from above, place a saucer underneath the pot to catch excess water and tip away any that does not disappear within a few minutes of watering, or dunk the pot into a bowl of water until the growing media is wet, then drain well.
• Keep orchids plants healthy and encourage flowering by feeding little and often. Baby Bio Orchid Food Drip Feeders will ensure regular feeding over a period of time. It may also be a good idea to occasionally remove the drip feeder and flush through with clean water to prevent the build up of salts in the growing media/compost.
• Keep leaves free of dust; Baby Bio Leaf Wipes are an easy way to keep on top of this, and a quick spray with Baby Bio Leaf Shine will leave them looking their best.
• Check plants for any signs of insect damage; white fluff, webbing or general lack of vigour could be a sign of infestation. Treat with Baby Bio House Plant Insecticide to protect from insect attack.
• Some orchids will go into a ‘rest’ or dormant period when they stop showing any signs of active growth and may even lose the odd leaf. At this point it is best to remove the drip feeder and reduce the watering to a minimum until the plant shows further signs of growth. Once growth starts again, the drip feeder can be replaced and watering increased as above.